Here's the checklist that we used for our big day:
- Set the DATE of the big day!
- List of Godparents, Sponsors, and Entourage
- Your Wedding Theme: Color Motif, theme concept/idea, your wedding dresses - groom, bride, entourage, immediate family and sponsors
- Your Wedding Ceremony: Church Venue, Officiating Priest/Officiant, Required Documents, Ceremony Proper, Misalette, Choir/Quartet/Mass Songs, Paraphernalia, Wedding Vows
- Your Wedding Reception Venue: Caterer, Reception Menu, Reception Program, Your Wedding Cake Supplier, Reception Songs, Your Audio- Visual Presentation, Tokens and Favors for sponsors & guests, entertainer/s, program host/s, other wedding traditions
- Save the Date and Formal Invitations, Your Wedding Website
- Your Guest List
- Your Wedding Rings/Bands
- Important Wedding Suppliers: Florist, Photographer & Videographer, Designer, Stylist & Make-up Artist, Wedding Coordinator, Cake Decorator, Choir/Quartet/Entertainer
- Round of Parties: Bridal Shower and Bachelor Party, Engagement Party, Despedida de Soltera, Rehearsal Dinner
- The Honeymoon
A princess/fairy tale/ happily ever after wedding theme is all about magic and drama. You may incorporate the following elements in a Happily Ever After wedding theme:
- princess ball gown for the bride
- tiaras for the bride and entourage
- loooong veil and train - can be held by cute little flower girls while bride is walking down the aisle
- butterfly release or rose petals sprinkles as soon as bride walks down the aisle
- vintage car or horse with carriage transportation for the bride and groom
- incorporate the theme in the invitation and wedding cake
- carriage place cards which can double up also as wedding favors
- roses and roses and roses!!!
- fireworks display at the end of the reception program
- play love songs from famous disney princess movies
- learn the waltz for your first dance!
- grand entrance of bride and groom during the reception
Memoirs of a Geisha
Cherry Blossoms, the national flower of Japan, is considered to bring prosperity and goodluck. Here are some top of mind ideas if you're planning a cherry blossom themed wedding:
- soft to deep pink color scheme and can be combined with chocolate brown
- break the all white gown with a silk sash and cherry blossom embroidered details
- Parasols can be used by the entourage in lieu of the usual flower bouquet
- Wedding favors can be sandalwood fans or chopsticks
- Decorate with japanese lanterns, you may opt for white japanese lanterns or lanterns of different hues
- since the real cherry blossoms are hard to source (they only last 1 week) and not worth the price that you want to pay, you can create the illusion of having a cherry blossom tree in your venue by asking your florist to create paint a small tree branch brown or white, hang tea lights and place small pink silk flowers. This tree can be the focal point in your wedding venue. Rather than a traditional guest book, you can ask the guests to hang their wishes on this tree (see leftmost pic below).